WEAVERS.

I was at the Elkhart County Historical Museum this weekend to see a lady my mom works with and her work she had displayed at an Art Show. While there the man announced that they are soon to have an exhibition of quilts and coverlets. Well, I started to talk to him and the show is not up yet so I won't be able to see it until this summer. He, however, was kind enough to show me the room they have just redone for it and then I also showed me the work that will be displayed. How exciting. This is all work made here in Elkhart County and it is insanely awesome and tremendous. I believe this work has a huge importance in our past. The weavings were done by men but the quilt we done by women. Often or not this was their form of expression - the only artistic outlet felt it the laborious life of a housewife in the 1800s. I am so excited to go see the show and to find a heavy deposit of fiber art in Elkhart County.

Comments