OH, WHAT BLOG?

Yes have I forgot about it - maybe. But anywho. Just got back from Barcelona last night. I was able to hit the ground running and begin making my final piece because I took it way easy in Barcelona - fully enjoyed my siesta time and forwent late night/early morning outings if ya know what I mean. I picked up some great raw silk for my final project. This final will be a quilt - whole cloth. Meaning that it is one piece of cloth instead of multiple pieced together. But I am creating an image on the top piece through tea stains, fabric pigments, india ink and what ever I can get my mitts on. Eventually I will share my thoughts with you via some notebook pages. I'm really starting to be able to go with my notebook and using it as a tool rather than a requirement. This is a good place to go. And it is fun. I am good right now. At a good place in my mind and I believe with my work as well.

Two weeks (just about) from now I will be headed stateside! Yikes - I have quite a bit to get through before that event comes. Not that I am not excited to get home - I am beyond thrilled to be seeing my family and beloved Stella again - but I have a lot to complete before that joy.

Here is a teaser of my final. These are the stones that started it all...

Comments

Post a Comment