Mmmore things for the Blog.

When we had our little badging night we also serenaded a few of the staff and badged the director Brett. He drives us around a lot for field trips and such so we thought it proper to show appreciation. This is the poem he wrote in response to his F-ing.

Poem for Fibers

I had a dream about a seam...
Students singing at my door under a moon beam...

They sang of fibers and oaths and gave me a patch
I reminded them to be quiet and close the latch

Asleep not long after, snug in my bed
I wondered, are these cotton sheets, or just fake threads

The gesture was nice and made my day
Even if I didn't know what to say.

If on the internet the video arrives,
I will have to re-think, for fibers, any more drives.

Enjoy your path and work hard to pursue your goals
And I will think about the dream when my clothes have holes

My knitting is hopeless, and I need a new shoe
But I'll try to uphold the motto of fibers natural, clean and true

Brett

Comments