SLOW, SUMMER DAYS.

Yep. Slow summer days. I've been working at the newspaper/antique store. Things are usual - such as they have been for the three previous summers I worked there. Well, probably A bit slower, actually, because we have no big projects this summer as we did in the past.

The days are pretty nice - a bit hot and we could use some rain. I'm itching to make something, but the garage needs to get finished first. And I don't know what to make. One of the old men's wife came in to the store and gave me a demo on quilting - so I have a peice to work on with that. I read a mystery novel the other day.

Last week I had coffee with Jacki then Katherine - I was good to catch up with them because I haven't seen them since Lance's Open House. Friday night McKayela had a small gathering to celebrate her going to the Miss Indiana pageant (that is this week) and Jordan and Asha were there and we hung out with Mimi. Asside from Jordan bringing down the house and almost killing Asha in process it was a great time. Well, actually that was kind of funny and since there was no irreperable damage done - it was really funny.

This weekend there was two family functions for my Mom's side. A large extended family reunion on Saturday - in Berne, IN and a gathering at my G-ma's on Sunday. My cousin, Sandra, and my auntie, Mary Luz, came to visit us from Orlando. It was great to see them. They are always so wonderful to see and I live very close (six hour drive) to them and should/will drop by when I return to Savannah in the fall.

But for now I guess I'll maybe clean and do some mudding in the garage. Yep.

Comments