SAND, SANDY SAND.

Went to the beach today with Lizzie, Chad and Marcus. I haven't been to the beach since fall quarter. It's still sand and gross water. I didn't actually go near the water - I don't feel the need. I did however lay on a sheet with my entire upper body covered in order to colorize my legs. Yes - I looked quite silly and humerus wearing a black sweater pulled to cover all skin with a shirt over my face. But I'm fine with that and it was pretty chilly to be laying there scantily clad. As we were walking back to the car madness ensued. Today is the Beach Bum parade. Aka soak anyone and everyone is sight. And drink a lot. There were people of all ages everywhere with any form of water device. People line the street and spray people in their cars. A nice free touchless carwash. But anyway they kept squirting us - especially this little kid with a super soaker as we were putting stuff in the trunk so I grabbed a bottle of water ran up to him and shot it all over as fast as possible and darted back to the car and hid. It was awesome - I think I got the kid in his eye! This would be a really fun day if you wanted to get wet. The concept is quite fun.

The ride back from the beach was really beautiful because we got to drive over all the marshes and the sun was very beautiful and I had a moment of great thought.

It is utterly tiring and just plain stupid to try to capture every amazing/beautiful moment (whether camera or piece of art). That is not what life is about - nor will I let it be. It is about absorbing those moments (even if you don't remember every one). you had it and that is what is important. Something to store in the mind. A beautiful moment to have forever that can't burn down.

Comments