BATTERIES, BAD COLOR and BALSAMIC VINEGRETTE.

Alright, this post has nothing to do with the last item, but it does with the others.

Saturday my battery on my laptop stopped working/the computer stopped recognizing the . I guess this is a very common occurance with my model of computer. It is really annoying because everything the computer accidentally gets unplugged (magnetic plug = often) it turns off and I have to start it up again and if there is anything I hadn't saved - it's gone. I called Apple today and they are sending me a new battery (it should be here in 3-5 business days). Wfeww.

Nextly, the postcards I designed and ordered for Bunny, she received, and they where entirely too dark. After Apple, I called them and they are sending new ones that should be here in a week and I really hope these are printed properly or it's gunna mean more money and more work.

Now I am designing some repeats for my repeat pattern design class - I've got the first one done. I used Illustrator to do it (downloaded free trial) and I love it. I'm going to need to get a copy of this program - it's great.

------
Oh, and most importantly, last night at church we began this series of questions to/about God. And the question of the night was "If God is So Strong and Good - Why do Children starve and dies in His world?" A very good question and a very good explaination. Here are the notes (there are always fill in the blank notes to fill out):

Moral Law-
Without God, evil, as a category does not Exhist!
Wist out God, there is no such thing as evil. -being that there is no category to to define something as evil.

Life Questions-
If there is no God, there is no purpose, meaning, or reason for anything.
Once you denounce God you give up the right to ask the "why" question about anything. (who are you asking?)
The problem of any evil is not solved by doing away with God. The problem of evil and suffering must be resolved while keeping God in the picture.

Creation Processes-
Popular Question: Why could God not create a world where everyone did good?
We were made to love God and to enter into intimacy with Him. Love requires freewill.
Freewill opens the door to evil.

God's Provisions-
Hunger is not God's fault. He has provided more than enough food! Hunger is the result of man's intent upon self-aggrandizement.
--> example - Zimbabwe (if I remember correctly) has more than enough food to feed it's people, but the ruler of the country continues to sell it and aid relief to other countries in order to inilate his people and ensure his political standings. Also the preacher gave some statistic like we only need 10% of the food produced in the world to feed the entire world as well as Americans. Insain.

God's Rebuttal-
He ultimately gave us to commandments - love him and love others as yourself.
"Until our love for People is greater than the corruption in this world, children will continue to die by malnourishment.
Now you can also give the rubuttal that 90 percent of world releif is modivated by love of God.
--------

So I thought that was a great sermon and it left the question in my mind - what will I do to show God's love in this world. And that is not a question for me to answer - it is something to wait for God to tell me.

Comments

  1. I like that you posted your sermon notes. I was recently faced with that question by a friend. I never know how to answer those types of questions and it's good to hear some insight from other sources. Hmm...

    oh, and I'm glad that Regina concert was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah. my computer stopped recognizing my battery. stupid. boo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment