SLEEP, CHOCOLATE, & PRODUCTIVE DESPERATION

In a continuation of my spirit of avoidence towards my final project I have today slept, ate chocolate and taken a walk - then slept some more. I mean really what are you supposed to do in those six hours between lunch and dinner.

On the subject of a walk today. I decided to wonder a bit, lower down the mountain - aiming towards the valley. Treking though the forest I would wander then snap a photo, and so on. At one point I was on someone's property and could tell by the fences. Not wanting to be rude I ducked under the fence to walk on the other side. Well, I was surveying the area to try to head back up the mountain and I heard a rustling in the bushes. I look in the direction - I thought maybe it is a dog I know. No, it was no dog. It did, however, have four legs and was covered in fur. And it was large and ugly and had tusks. Saw some tusks. It was a wild boar. Yes, we have been regailed with tale of these creatures, but have not, with all my wanderings, encountered one. None of the students have. Anyway, we have been warned quite a bit that you to not want to cross paths with these animals. In protection they will ram their tusks into you and shake back and forth. Lovely. So there was one running out of the bushes about twenty feet away. Naturally, I thought "oh, shit" and scrambled back under the fence and ran straight towards that house I was trying to avoid. There I found a driveway and ran as quickly as I could towards the village. I was very close and exactly where I thought I was. I've developed this bit of a cough from my adrenaline run and it has stuck by my side most of the day. So the first thing I had to do was tell Marie about my adventure and when I was leaving I triped, twisted the ankle and fell on the hill. So I just sat there. Little pained - but those thick ankles saved me once more. Most of all I just sat there and took a moment - almost teared but not quite. It doesn't frighten me to walk around Barcelona alone, but a pig-like creature will give me the flight or fight instinct? I celebrated my escape with, you guessed it, a nap.

Then I got up and went to supper and after supper I was convinced I had to do something - even if it was small. So I went to the studio. There where girls watching Desperate Housewives in the computer lab (one of the girls had it on her laptop's iTunes) and so I sat and worked on hand stuff while watching oh, about nine or ten episodes. Started at 8 and finished at 3:15am. Yep, a very good season - it became very dark and twisted towards the end. I liked it. Now all I need is to watch the latest episode of Grey's Anatomy and I will be all caught up with the tv shows I actually watched. Two. Man was it nice when they where on the same night. Then I only wasted one evening of my week in a mindless blur. Now I have to split it up and recovery time is longer.

Okay, tomorrow we are going on an all day excursion to Lyon. To see the factory where Prelle makes their textiles and to go to a Musee de Tissu. Textile museum. We are leaving at 8 - I think and so I guess I should sleep for at least two hours. Good night.
.

Comments

  1. oh man. when i was reading about your little walk, i for some reason was seriously hoping that it was johnny depp rustling in the bushes. not even kidding, that's what i was imagining. granted, the real story was a good one, but....
    johnny depp.
    oh sex.
    sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment