DID YOU KNOW?

Llamas have excellent guarding skills. Many shepards keep them in their heards to protect against predators. Here is an example from my book.

Margaret Kleoin Wilson, proprietor of Mostly Merino, has a guard llama named Mac. One day when she went out to the pasture, Mac was presistenly humming (llamas communicate by humming). She didn't pay a lot of attention, but the next day, he was even more emphatic with his mumming. Margaret followed Mac and he lead her to a coyote he had trampled, perhaps just to let her know that he had bee doing his job.

I think I need a guard llama.

Comments

  1. I don't have a guard llama but I have a crazy blue heeler devil dog I'll let you have for free.....mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't have a guard llama but i have a house full of noisey pets i'll let you have for free...fred p.s. the cat stays...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment