WOW.

What a giant awesome, fatty of a day. We went everywhere!

Left early in the morning and went to a textile factory outside of St Remy. This is where they still screen print their own fabrics. It was a big place and their stuff was good and expensive. Very neat to see the workings.

Then we got to walk around St Ramy for an hour. They had an amazing chocolate store and I bought two bars. They make their own and the chocolate comes in all these amazing flavors and they let you sample them! mmm.

After St Remy was Arles. We went to the assylum where Van Gogh stayed and it was beautiful. It looks just like his paintigs. The colors, the mountains, the olive trees, the irises - all recognizable. It was quiet and peaceful because the tourist are not in season.

We then trapsed around Roman ruins. There was an arc de triumph and an entire city they are rebuilding. It was beautiful and amazing. At this point I filled up my gig memory card for the first time.

It was raining a bit- adding the amazingness. Back in Arles we were allowed to spend an hour checking out the town. There was a roman collusium. It was closed but I still got to check it out from the outside. So cool - helping to make up some for my missed trip to Nimes.

Then we drove home. That all spanned a period of 11 hours.

I will get y'all some photos when I feel up to taking the six hundred of them off my memory cards.

Tonight is a birthday party of Katie. She is 23.

Boy, I am tired - maybe a nap is in order.

Comments

  1. le sigh.

    i had another dream about being in france. we didn't do anything... just ordered chinese takeout.

    but i think my subconsious is telling me that i envy you more than i think. and that i miss you lots. but i already knew that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment