FREEDOM!

Second critique this morning. I woke up at 8:45 and made it to class fifteen minutes later. Amazing.

It was an in progress critique, so we didn't have to have it all done. Just a general idea so that everyone could judge the progress made and determine what the positive aspects were and what could be done to improve the work for upcoming critiques.

The project is called a Touch Book. What compiles this is one (or photoshoped mulitiples) "beautiful" photo and swatches of fabrics and textures or colors swatches that invoke the mood of the photo. Yes, it may sound obscure but there are people who do this sort of thing for a very well paid living. I have to say, with little humility, that mine rocked. I had a ton of fun with it. Much of it had to do with the dominate element of photography (something I know a little about) and matching colors and textures. It was pretty cool and I love it. I am proud of the work I did. We were supposed ot have one page done I nearly completed three.

When we go to Paris we will be visiting these "trend forecasting" people (more mystifying than the weather) and I could see this being a point of interest for a future career (or at least a tack on the old resume). I am beginning to understain the emence amount of design that Fibers revolves around.

Now, I am free to be. I really want to make myself some useful items. Such as an iPod cover, writing utensil case, cover for my notebook and possibly a bag. We will see. But I have the entire weekend open to this starting now. I don't think we will be given assingments due to the fact we are going to Paris next Wednesday and my teacher is going out of town and many students are traveling this weekend. Yeah!

Tomorrow is V-day. Last year I made valentines with my little brothers in that not so good week where I was able to experience the company of my family. This will be the first year I haven't made a single valentine. That does make me a bit sad. It is true I hold an affinity for the holiday most people loathe. But it happens to be one of my favorites. What a good excuse to let people know I love them. So if you where a bit hazy in this matter, I love you! I hope you eat at least a pound of chocolate (I will try my darndest).

Oh, and tomorrow is also the wretched monster's sixth birthday. Yes, Fred has been raining terror for six years now. Isn't it quite appropraite that on a day of "love and happiness" such a dark, bitter beast was brought forth. Oh, irony.

Comments

  1. the inrony indeed. Happy birthday little monster! I'm very curious to know what's in your texture/picture book. That might be the greatest idea ever. And I'm glad you liked it, you should be proud of it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment