YES.

I finally have my four rolls developed. This was my day.
Wake up. (That may sound simple but those who know know that is not so simple.)
8am:Art History - Maggy gave me a ride to it YAH! I love art history. What better way to learn history than through art!
10:30am:Walking - Walking to work.
10:55am:Work - arrive at work and such.
5:00pm:Off work
5:15pm:Photo Lab - walk to the photo lab on the other side of Broughton. It was a nice walk - I got to catch up with Mom really quickly. (Tomorrow will be a better day.)
At the photo lab I take a very long time to load my four rolls of film - this is done in complete darkness. Then 8 minutes in the devoloper, one for stop bath, five for fixer, five for rinse, two for fixer remover, fill and dump ten times with water, Photo Flo for one. Take off spools - put in dryer.
7:10pm:Walking - another walk back to other side of Broughton to the Lucas Theatre for the Spencer Turnick Lecture my teacher MADE us go to. But it was really cool. This guy Turnick always uses nudes. Some of his more famous work is with thousands of nude people. All the people are very willing and I have to admit the work is just really neat. It's true that the Lecture had more sausage than Eurotrip extended edition - but it was so funny to see how happy these people were to be naked. Okay, I'll give you a little more on the premise of his work. He likes to get a ton of people in a very public place and direct them all to do one thing on the count of three they all strip and then you get just this sea of nude people, for example, laying on the Brooklyn Bridge. Have you ever laid face down on the asphault of time square naked? Well, there are a couple thousand people that can claim they have. And he has done huge things like this all over the world. Other countries love it especially Chile. But his work then begs to questions: 1st ammendment rights and where is the line? And I'm not talking about the cracks all over the assphault. ; ) But I think that is something I have to stew on and that is better suited for a descussion not at almost midnight.
9:15pm:Back to Photo Lab - get negatives out of dryer cut and sleeve them.
9:55pm:Head home. Yeah. After 14 hours of being gone I get to go home. That is a day.

Tomorrow could be a good one. Quiz in Tim's class (oh, joy). Crocheting in Doris's class. Tuesday is my day of classes of first name professors.

Right then. tata.

Comments

  1. 1. I like the blog make-over. it kinda matches fall.
    2. tata? what does that mean? The apples taste ancient? Talk about tiny airplanes? Tanned angles teach arobics?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment