A LIFE IN SAVANNAH.

It's an odd thing for me to adjust to things here. I had a horrible time at the grocery yesterday because I was only buying food for myself. The only other time I've ever done that is in the dorms, because even when we lived in the house for that short time last year, we always had someone coming or going to cook something for. But now it's just myself to buy food for and to put green stickers on it all.

Before the grocery, Lizzie and I went to Target. I had to get a new bike tire because last year mine flatted out and after I got the tire off the bike (a challenge because I've never done that before and it's a back petal brake - so I was nervous) but any way, I found out the hole causeing me all the trouble is the size of a pin hole. Thusly, when I bought a new tire tube I got the one that would self heal for holes 1/8 in or smaller. And while in Target we had to go up and down every isle (of course). We got some cool and useful stuff. Like a shelf for the wall in our bedroom and I got a crock pot (red). So then I had to buy beef. And I realized why I don't eat so much meat at school - I think it is gross. But I bought some and that will be good when it has cooked with some potatoes, green beans and onions. And will make good sandwiches as leftovers.

Lizzie got shoes. She loves shoes.

When we got home I continued in reading my autobiography of Lauren Bacall, AKA Betty Bogart. She was married to Humphrey "Bogie" Bogart for 11 1/2 years. They had two kids together and then he died from cancer. Well, I was reading the part where he dies and it was so sad. There were tears. And it's really sad how he just wasted into death. He was 57 and I think she (Lauren) was 32. Their kids were 8 and 4 (I think). Bogie died after Christmas and Betty was eating with the kids and trying to ask them what they should do for Valentines day and this is what the 8 year old Stephen said. (Bogie is dead at this point) " I know, Mommy, I know how we can suprise Daddy - we can all shoot ourselves and be with Daddy on Valentine's Day," To which the author responds "I was shocked and unnerved" - Yeah that is what I would say if my eight year old was contemplating mass suicide. But anyway how funny is that! I busted up and so did Lizzie when I read it to her. It's just so horrible.

Well, this that tidbit I think I will get dressed. Have a sunny day - I know I will.

Comments