I DID IT!

Yes, I taught myself to knit. It took about twenty minutes. Mind you I can't do it very well yet, but these things take practice. Check out my work.



It all started when I saw these cool knitting needles (wooden) at work. And they were like "oh they're only a dollar, just take them" I was like "no they are only a dollar, I'll pay for them" but she was like "no way, TAKE THEM" so I can't refuse free and I took them.

Then wheels started turning and I remembered the other day when we saw this really cool knitting store in Goshen when taking Lance's Sr. pics. And I wanted to go but I called them, after remembering their weird name (ewe nique knits) and they closed at five thirty but we wouldn't leave until six. So diappointment. Well, the knitting place is right beside the Brew so we had to peep in the window. Well, what do you know the lights were on and the sign said they closed at seven on thursdays - just for us. So we got to go inside and look at all the inspiring creations. Further intensifying my desire to use the needles in my back pack. alas the yarn there was quite expensive - but it was fun just to look at everything. They even had couches with ladies working on them. (real people not creepy maniquines or anything) So after the mac convention. I came home around 9pm or so and started my knitting adventure. I have these lousy paper instructions but they suck and I basically just had to figure it out myself. I did. and now I have my crazy not very good masterpiece of amaturity. Yes, but I am very proud of myself by making this short story long, Good night.

Comments

  1. Hooray for knitting! I'm getting close to being done with my scarf and after that I'm having a girl(liz) who lives on my floor teach me some stuff. She's been knitting since she was 5. So then we can knit together and it will be a most joyous occasion! Mucho props for figuring out how to knit by paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Sharon now we can be old ladies and knit together!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment