a quilt for christopher and katherine

Katherine and I sat in my garage apartment searching through stacks of fabrics.  There were even some vintage quilt squares.  She chose patterns that she liked.  I loved having her input on her and Chris' would-be wedding quilt.  Kat enjoyed the long, thin orientation of my Savannah brick quilt so I made theirs in a similar fashion.  The front was blue, green, and grey cotton fabrics.  The back was natural linen.  In the center I encorporated her fantastic, original invitation design of their two silhouettes.  

 Whip-stitching the binding.  Much of the quilt was machine quilted in straight lines.

I hand-quilted inside the profiles.

 The front turned into a three-panel design.  I reiterated the horizontal strip design.  The two side panels are composed mostly of vintage quilt squares.

 The linen backing.  

We took a moment on the big day to snap a few shots of the gift.

 I used free-motion with the machine to accentuate the silhouettes with a bold line.

This tiny dose of color sat between the sweet couple's faces.

Comments