a quilt for Eurydice May

Little Miss Eury came into the world last May and this past Monday I finished her quilt.



The thoughts about her quilt began to stir well over a year ago.  In the time since then I acquired the purple pinstripe linen for the backing.  This past summer, while antiquing with Lizzie and her family, I found the big bouquet panel at a shop in Nappanee.  The green floral I used to make favors for Eury's baby shower last February.  

 Some of my sketches made it into the quilt and some were edited out along the way.  I did use the flying geese pattern.  I had come across a tutorial on Pinterest and wanted to give it a whirl.

 I began piecing in November.  This is the first time I have made a baby quilt in the presence of the intended recipient.

 The lavender fabric with the little elephants is scrapped from the bag one of her crib sheets came in.

 Adding a few more geese.


 She loved helping me sew.

 Then the top was finished, the parts were basted together and I started stitching.

 I was stitching the green thread in during Christmas in Colorado.

 Lastly, I machined on the binding and hand stitched it down.

 Monday evening we celebrated its completion.  Eury has been enjoying it ever since.  This morning the weather was beautiful and we had a little photoshoot in the front yard.










Comments

  1. Absolutely stunning, Sharon. I always love reading about your process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT quilt is beautiful! I love the way Eury is modeling it in the 'piecing in Nov' pic. She looks like she knows whats going on and is excited!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment