thinking back

Wait a second....I never told you about the best part of spring break.

Being that it was Zachary and Sara's last high school spring break we had to get out of Indiana.

With the RAV packed up headed across the border into Illinois.

Our adventure began with a good stroll through Chinatown.  I hadn't been in a few years so it was fun to check it out again.

 I believe the hysterical laughter in this photo had to do with a dog walking past.

 We took a drive through downtown (during rush hour - 'cause I'm a pro) and had the driving tour or big buildings and places were other people like to shop.

We kept driving north until we hit Greyslake and began our visit with Sam.  I think we rented a movie that night - but epically failed at staying awake long enough to finish it.  All the tall buildings, people and rough neighborhood excitement from that day had caught up with us.

The next morning, while Sam was at work, Zac, Sara and I drove up to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, to see the sights and take a few portraits.

 They worked on their tans - yes, that water is frozen and yes, that is Zachary's wooden sabre he bought in China town.

 Lake Geneva was a sheet of ice as well, but I think they had fun anyway.

That evening we met up with Samuel and took a drive back into the city.  Our destination was Chicago Diner so I could have some yummy, yummy macaroni and cheese (vegan style). 

 We ordered shakes - per Despina's insistance from our last trip.  All agreed they were amazing!

 I had a ruben and the crew had burgers.  It was pretty yummy - though I'm not to keen on pseudo meat because I don't eat meat because I don't like it so the novelty is a little lost on me.  But the mac n cheese.  That I do miss.

 It's always good to have a long-armed person around for group selfies.

The next morning we took a gander at Greyslake's farmers market (Goshen is still my fav), checked out a thrift shop and had some breakfast.

This cute guy is getting hitched in just 19 days.  Eek!

All in all, we had a good little get away and were pretty tuckered out after our adventure.  Looking back on the photos - it makes me really happy that summer break is only 18 days away!  My word.  I can't believe the semester has just flown by that quickly.

Comments