mustered.

Muster.  I'm trying to muster energy and drive.  It's been go go go for at least the past month and will continue this way for the foreseeable future and I am just trying to adjust to it and find a place of calm in the chaos.  

Granted the chaos brings with it lots of wonderful things: Zachary's wrestling state championship this weekend (and all the meets leading up to it), Rachel's baby shower next weekend, the high school's musical Guys & Dolls next month, seeing some of my favorite people, learning to ski, spending time with my folks and being Miss T all day long.  Add in a few dinner shifts here and there and I'm beat.

I would really like to be making some quilts right now too, but am feeling uninspired by my current project and seriously lacking in the energy department.

This all leaves a sense of nostalgia for quieter days.  It's those moments that make me miss the quiet hustle and bustle of the city - a multi-train commute and the time it allotted to still the mind.  On the other hand, I do so enjoy sharing my 3 minute morning commute with Zachary.  Lunches I once ate alone at my desk or on the terrace are now taken in the company of a dozen or so faculty and staff.  I traded twenty-one floors for twenty-something steps.  

As Kitty and I stood ducked into a storefront out of the winter rain yesterday afternoon, we commiserated on a few things about adulthood and the parts with which we'd rather not have to deal.  Parts like not seeing the friends you love most as often as you would like and the whole passing of time so very quickly.  

Maybe I'll take a nap.

Comments