giving notice

In a week's time I should be making my way to Montreal.

In a week's time I will have said farewell for now to New York City and be on my journey back to the Midwest.


The decision to move closer to home came one Saturday morning as I stood in the kitchen on my sublet apartment on Diamond Street.  The morning had brought news of the wonderful performance my dear youngest brother Zachary had given in his theatre in the round production.  It pained me to know it was the first of his high school productions I had missed.  It was what I had signed up for when I moved East and I knew going into the move this would be the case.  But in the moment of reflection "this is just not acceptable" popped into my head.  I foresaw the year to come and missing football games, fall theatre productions, choir concerts, spring musicals, semi-formal, prom, wrestling meets, track meets, senior awards nights and so on.  I knew that he would be sad that I missed them but would understand.  I also knew that I was thinking about myself and the fact that I wanted to be there.  It was in the moment that I made a choice.  I might not be there for all of it but I will be there for some of it.  I will be present because my family makes my life that much more meaningful.

I also knew in that moment that it wasn't time to leave yet.  I had come in a quest for growth and vision and I was not ready to leave yet.  I gave myself a time frame.  I decided to let this thought sit in my heart for a while.

While visiting Lexi and her grandparents on Long Island I woke up at four in the morning and couldn't sleep.  I spent the "night" in reflection and prayer.  By morning I knew my decision was final.  By morning a new affirmation had come to my heart.


I would give myself the summer to continue in growth and continue to experience life in New York.  I had a place to live, a job and things worked out for June and July.  At the end of that time I would take my experiences and continue my journey.

It is with a huge heart of gratitude that I am telling you this adventure.  I know with all my heart that coming to New York has been a profound time of change and growth.

I found love and kindness everywhere.


The battles I have faced have been the most difficult in my life and in them my faith in the Creator won out.  I truly believe I was brought here to reconnect spiritually and learn that I am loved by my heavenly Father and that it is my purpose in life to share that love and rely on His Grace.

I found here an incredible church family to worship with and incredible friendships all around me.  As the months grew I truly felt so much love.  I was/am just blown away by all the amazing people I have come to know in such a short amount of time in this City.


[Some how this song just always pops into my head when I think about it. xoxo you Lexi]

It is with a renewed confidence and strength that I depart this City and head to my next adventure.

I will be heading up to Ontario for a visit with Bruce and Susie and Amy and Maeve and Lily Helen on the Island.  I am so excited to see the girls - it has been over a year and Maeve has been talking for some time (something she did not do in our time together) and I am so excited to hear her voice.  Miss R will also be joining me for a good round of long overdue dose of getting into trouble.  

But don't worry - there are some beautiful New York adventures to share before the week is through.  I also highly doubt it will be my last.

Comments

  1. I am so proud of you Sharon for listening to your heart and the still, small Voice. You really show God's adventuresome spirit through your life. I am personally loving this next phase as it brings you closer to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad God brought you to a place where you could connect spiritually. That's a really amazing place to be. I am glad you are moving back to the midwest though! I can't wait to hear about your next set of Adventures. -Stacy Lane

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment