the best, just the best

 *******
A million thank yous for all your love and encouragement left in all those beautiful comments.  I'm definitely bookmarking that last post for whenever I need a little love pick-me-up.  
I have the best friends!
*******

I want to share a little excitement with you.  My dear Lizzard (Lizzie) and her hubs Clint welcomed a darling little girl into the world bright and early this morning!  It was the best surprise I could ask to be on my phone's text at 7am - instantly driving back the huge sense of annoyance I always have with my alarm ringing.  I am so happy for the Ross family!

 Last week I finally finished a quilt for both the littlest Ross and the littlest Smanlon and sent them out. 

I made the quilts at the same time and incorporated some matching patterns.  My favorite similarity is the sugar sack I split between each quilt.  It's sweet!

The quilting aspect is all hand stitched, as well as the bindings.  I worked on all the stitching over the holidays and it was lovely to sit around chatting with the family while I stitched.  There was even one day were we played a few games of scrabble.

Mags sent me back this photo of Miss Fern tucked under her new quilt.  She is just so precious and will be four months old on Friday.  I hope she drools and snots all over it!

Here is little Miss Ross' quilt.  Her quilt is the first that I have made that actually arrived to its destination before the baby.  I hope she drools and snots all over it too!

I am such a lucky honorary auntie!

Comments

  1. How sweet! Congratulations to the Ross family!!!

    I absolutely love your color selection :) That blue floral (tablecloth?) in little Vivian's quilt is especially fetching. Lovely, lovely.

    Would you mind if I shared these on my blog sometime soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. I'm so glad that's my baby..for two reasons. That quilt is SO awesome and she's REALLY cute! :) She's definitely got the drooling all over it part down... It is our magic nap quilt. We take an afternoon nap under it everyday. The sleeping dust you used works a little too well on mama. :) Thank you so much Sharon. It is the most special gift.

    I love seeing Viv's too! You are quite the quilter my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sharon I haven't commented on this post yet because I'm so overwhelmed by your beautiful gift that I haven't known what to say! It's our most favorite blanket ever and will remain a treasured possession all through Vivian's life. I love looking at all the amazing hand-stitched details and little pieces of fabric that each have their own story I know. We're working on a photo of Viv with her quilt, and I will send it to you asap! We're working on the drool and snot aspect . . . trying to avoid any other bodily fluids though :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment