apple picking

Last Sunday Mom and I hopped in the car (galoshes on) and headed north.  We picked up Whit in Michigan and went to Corey Lake Orchards.  The clouds were ominous in Wakarusa but they parted ways for blue skies as we headed northward. 

 The orchard was having a special celebration for their 50 anniversary.  They had all their apples out to sample, live music, baked goods, cider and donuts, and tons of squash and pumpkins.

 I LOVED THESE!

 They had each variety in a box to try.  It was awesome.  Between the three of use we must have sampled a dozen apples. 

 A bird of prey rehab facility was there with birds to share.  This owl was so cool.

 The inside of their barn was white washed.  Great idea.

 Whit got a bag of apples for eating and I snagged a chunk of honeycomb that I am so excited to try but saving for a good tea party.

 Me and my momma.

 We got a map from the front counter and headed out to the orchards.  We could hear other people but mostly had the place to ourselves.

 This apple was growing trapped between branches.

 Mom and Whit using team work to score the high up apples.  This is probably not allowed but worked quite well.

We picked six bushels.  Two we shared with friends and the other four are still waiting to be made into sauce and maybe pie filling.   I think I'm gonna go snag one right now.

What a good day!

Comments

  1. Yay I'm glad you had fun!! I loved those baskets when we visited, too :)

    and... SIX BUSHELS?!?! Oh my goodness, we're not even through our half bushel yet! You'll have to pass along some recipes to me, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what cute pictures of cute ladies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment