september 20th aka the best day EVER!

The day began with fog.  The kind that keeps children home from school two hours.  That was pretty special.

Dewy spider web in my basket.  The best.

I opened the store and sat down to work on this week's issue, quickly realizing it would be a twelve pager (as compared to the usual 8).

It was Chinese for lunch and this was my fortune:
I thought and then text Maggy this photo and: My fortune cookie knows.  How's the belly holding up?  (Looking back at it now I see that the text never sent.)

The paper went together well.  I even got some last minute names to finish up a caption which made me feel really good.  It was a beautiful day.  Riding home I began to think "this is an amazingly awesome day."

I noticed this GIANT marigold over-taking the sidewalk.  It's huge.

 I had to take a few more photos of these pretty babies.

 Just as I was snapping this photo the best text EVER flashed onto my screen!!!

Fern Fiona was welcomed into the world today at 2:36pm.  
I did a dance.
I jumped up and down.
My mom thought I was injured.
I squealed (a lot).
Maybe my heart might explode from happiness.  It feels like it anyway.

Today is the best day EVER!  Happy birthday and giving birthday to my dear Maggy and Andrew.
My fortune cookie was right.

Comments

  1. sniff sniff...teary eyes of joy! What a wonderful day indeed!

    (plus I am glad the scenarios of you being hurt and yelling were not true.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I missed you last night! We were at a restaurant with Clint's dad. It truly was the best day ever. I'm still bursting with happiness from it. I love your spiderweb too. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) it was a good day! though glad it's over... ;) she really is worth squealing too! I love your whole post. it's fantastic. and that marigold, LOVE it. which, coincidentally, would be a super cute baby name. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment