maggy & michigan

In my mind Michigan always equals Maggy.  Even though she doesn't live in Michigan any more.  This weekend I was lucky enough to catch her in Michigan and to be able to attend her baby shower.  It was a blast.

 Pre-shower.  Myself, Mags, and Lily take a seat (or six).

 The shower was outdoors on the porch of the local restaurant/inn, The Blue Pelican.  It was great.  I really enjoyed the salad.  It was grilled chicken and had a hint of lavender!  Mmm.  

It was so much fun to finally meet ALL the family Maggy has always talked about and put faces and smiles to the names.

Back at the farm...we all took a rest on the porch.

 Maggy's youngest niece, Julia, picked flowers and put them in water.  It was VERY cute.

 This is Molly, Maggy's sister, trying to convince Julia she would greet her new cousin.  She wasn't convinced.  The last time I was up to visit Mags in Michigan.  Julia was the bump.

 FRANKIE!  This old man is on my short list of all time favorite pups.  He looked kind of like a caribou with his summer 'do.

For dinner we headed downtown for a Swiss Steak Dinner in the basement of the church Maggy grew up attending.  There were some folks very excited to see the bump.

But I don't think they were nearly as excited as Maggy when she saw her shadow.  It means 12 more weeks.

After the kiddos were in bed, we went down to Torch Lake for a jump off the pier.  That was COLD.  I was very refreshed.

It is so awesome to be up here with Mag and to meet the littlest Smith.

Comments

  1. It looks like you two had such a good time! I can't believe Lily is that old. And I too remember Julia as the bump. You and Maggy both look so pretty and I can't wait to see your smiling faces soon I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Sharon! I could use another week (or seven) with you! AND Giz!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment