snow, again?

Yep, it's true.  We have more snow here than we know what to do with.  We had a bit of a blizzard last night and now there is just gobs of it sitting around.  There was no school for brothers or dad nor work for mom.  Lewis did a lovely no-school-tomorrow dance last night. 

Wednesday is paper day - the day the newspaper is printed and sent out to all of its subscribers.  I am lucky that my commute is exactly 1/2 a mile long and that I have a wonderful family.  


Dad, Jason and Zachary all picked up the shovels and cleared a path through the 6 inch to 2 feet high snow piles in the driveway.


This is the view looking south out of town.  That snow pile on the left is right in front of the shop and is taller than me.



 Here is the view facing north.  This was around 11am, a busy time of day, and even though it is Wakarusa the streets were quite empty.


Zachary and Mom joined me in the Wednesday routine of newspaper labeling, bundling, and mailing.  It made the process go much faster.  After all the papers were delivered and the store lights dimmed once more, Mom and I went home and wrapped up a few of Dad's fresh cinnamon rolls.  We took the snow clogged streets and delivered the rolls to folks we know around town.  Most of the recipients were people that were out and about working or doing nice things for other people despite all that snow.
Following an afternoon nap I was just itching to get out and go somewhere so I headed east out of town and stopped by Calico Point for some fabrics and Valentine plotting.  I'm super excited for the making fun to begin.  I've got a few ideas and just need to glean together the supplies.

The middle of this watermelon I had carved in half was so Valentine's Day.  I squealed a little and made Dad model it for me.  Nothing beats a good watermelon during a blizzard.  As much as I love eating local fruits and veggies getting watermelons from Guatemala made my dietary week! It also just pumps me up even more for planting a few of my own this summer.  Yum.

Comments