sustenance

On my homeward commute I stopped at Getz's produce stand.  I had asked Mr. Getz a few days ago if he had any extra feed sacks and he phoned his father Mr. Getz the elder to see what he had around the farm.  At lunch today I was informed they had some in their car...which I spotted at the produce stand and stopped.  I was sent home with this beautiful bundle.
There are these three printed ones...which I love.  Especially the Cinderella one from Nappanee (the town over and Dad's hometown).

Plus, I scored a big pile of these sturdy blank ones.

They are sludgy and speckled with natural color variations and all sorts of stains and good things like that.

Into the washer they went...I was not gentle.  And onto the line to dry and to get a good air bath.  My thought is they are feed sacks and I want to expose all the weakness so that I can select and repair where needed.

I'm in love.  They are so simple and really nothing special in the world of feed sacks but I am so excited to have them as a raw material.

Their tatters, frays, and holes spark more ideas.  

I am planning them for a quilt.  The complete idea is still being hashed in my mind.

Lately, I am finding the fading golden corn to be quite magical and so it may play a part in this feed sack project.

Comments

  1. LOVE your feed sacks. I can't wait to see what you'll do with them! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment