knitting season is now open

With the temperatures FINALLY coming down to a good level, the nights are beginning to achieve crispness and the half of my closet that houses my sweaters is finally seeing some action.  

I think it is officially time to declare it knitting season.

  I picked up a great stash of yarns from Topsy Farms on the island in Canada.
My first victim.

 It met the contents of my yarn drawer.  The needles I whittled last winter are going to see some good action.

 So far this is my first creation in progress.  I love putting down a kitted base, stockinette stitch mostly - my attempts at fancy stuff generally result in failure, and after the base I get out my crochet needles to add the details in.  
I've been keeping my projects (this is project #2) in my bag as the family heads out to game nights.  Last night's Friday varsity football game and this morning's JV game were the perfect setting for the rhythmic knitting.  When Zachary goes on the field I can stop and cheer for him and then pick up my yarns in the mean time.  And when the family sits around talking or watching movies in the evenings I can work away without disruption.

Today's cloudy afternoon and rain showers were the perfect recipe for napping.  Mom, Stella and I napped in my bed until everyone came home from their various school and sports activities. Once we moved on Lewis found his way to a nap in our spot.

 Those feet ran quick a bit this morning at the West Noble Invitational with the cross country team.  I think they deserved a good rest.  

Now we are headed to an extended family dinner night with the Telschow clan.

Comments