a quilt for adam and stacy

The first wedding quilt I made was for Stacy Lane and Adam.  They were married on August 15, 2009.  The wedding was in our hometown.  We walked from her house to the church that morning and the reception took place about a mile away.  It was a true hometown wedding.  The vows were so sweet and there was so much love.

When I began planning the quilt, Stacy and Katherine came over to help.  I wanted Stacy's input on the fabrics and colors that she liked.  After it was pieced and the layers combined I began to quilt with a combination of machine and hand stitching.  Katherine helped with some of the machine stitching.  It then sat for a long time because I really wanted to hand quilt the whole thing.  Unfortunately, I had not developed the skill or devoted the time to get it done.  One day Jude encouraged me to just start machine-stitching it to make progress.  So I did.  That really helped me to finish the project and gain the confidence I needed.  [Thanks Jude!]

 The red border is actually the back of print.  I really like the faded look that it gave.

 The back was ticking and really shows off the stitching.

This blue and red fabric is vintage and I purchased it from one of my antique friends.

***This post was written on September 4, 2014, after realizing that I had never written the story of this particular quilt.  The publish date seemed appropriate, even though the quilt was not finished on that date.

Comments