write on

You may have notices a surge in posts these days.  I would attribute that to two things: ample subject matter and a class I am currently taking.  Being one of the very few members of my cohort that actually would like to teach middle school, I was given a choice of driving an additional twenty minutes to class (total of fifty minutes each way, no traffic) every week or joining the early childhood/ elementary level Teaching Language Arts class.  I chose the latter.  

My classmates used me a subject for a summary poster the first night, only solidifying why I chose to join that class. 

The summary was from our textbook, Wondrous Words.  It was the story of how, when shopping, the author's friend examined clothing from the vantage of a seamstress and not your average shopper.  She took care to look at how an article was constructed.  It was meant to share the point of "reading like a writer" to become better at writing.  I was quite flattered to be thought of and now have the poster.  [You should know that the outfit is fictitious and I did not wear that combination.]

The course has been a very insightful course so far.  Learning ways of inspiring writing practices in students has made me to examine my own writing practices.  I very much enjoy writing.  Having a space to do it is wonderful, even if only three people read it.  

This term I am also taking an Art Pedagogy class.  With so much of my coursework thus far being based in a multiple-disciple general education classroom environment it is really neat to be getting the art-specific focus.  At the moment I am writing out my "philosophy for teaching art" and trying to process out the textbook ideas into my own thoughts.  I am very grateful that I will get to spend time student teaching in an art classroom this winter.  That will greatly inform and realign my "philosophy", I am quite certain.

Comments

  1. I can't wait to hear about your student teaching experience. The students you'll be teaching have no idea how lucky they are to learn from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha ----> "that outfit is fictitious"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment