watching the Pacific when mom and dad come to town

We set out for the Pacific after breakfast on Wednesday.  Before leaving town we made a few stops at some of my favorite sweet shops.

 First was Voodoo Donuts where Mom and Dad got some rolls for the road.

Then I took them up to Alberta Street and stopped in Back to Eden for a few of my favorites to take with us.  The two hour drive to the coast was beautiful.  We had finally hit a break in the heatwave which made the weather and sun very pleasant.

My folks seeing the Pacific.  I don't think that my mother had ever seen it before and it had been decades since my dad had been on its shores.  They were thrilled to say the least.

 Dad and I set up our spots for ocean-viewing.

 It didn't take long for mom to wander off in that direction.  Soon after Dad followed.  An hour later I got a text from her saying that they were walking the big rock and would come back after.

 As the day progressed the steam dissipated a bit.

 Stella and I just sat down and enjoyed the view, sounds, and smells.  I'm not much of a beach-goer but every once in a while it is so nice just to sit and take in the vastness of the ocean.

 They had quite the adventure in their wanderings.  Something about a starfish, a cave and a bag full of rocks.

We drove back into town, Cannon Beach, and took one more stroll along the water.

 There they are by Haystack Rock, which apparently is pretty well known for being in the Goonies movie.  Yep, that sounds about right for these too.

We raced the sunset back to town to catch a glimpse of Cathedral Park before the light disappeared over the ridge.  It was still daylight when we arrived in St. Johns but the light had passed its prime.

 They still enjoyed the view under the bridge.

By this time we were all starving and so past ready for dinner.  We maneuvered our way to Mississippi Avenue and enjoyed the outdoor seating at Bungalo.  Mom and Dad has some great looking burgers and I scarfed down the yam fries.

Shortly after this photo Stella took a nap on the gravel.  She was beat from all the adventure.

Comments

  1. The photo of your parents by Haystack Rock is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment