it's about blooming time

A few weeks ago plants suddenly started to wake up.

Then, about two weeks ago something else strange happened: the sun started to shine.

 I believe it was a Friday.  It was celebrated by taking time on the front lawn and pruning some old growth from last fall. 

Eury shared a bit of frozen mango with her dearly devoted Boris.

Saturday, we took a walk in 1000 Acres dog park.  It is an all off leash forest and the dogs went wild.  Seriously, Stella almost went for a swim, but then she realized that she was getting wet and bee-lined it for shore.

 The undergrowth is just starting to wake up.

 Eury had a good vantage of the birds - her new favorite thing.


 Sunday, I noticed these little blossoms.  I think they are snowdrops but I'm never too certain as to what anything is here.  I've never seen so much blooming before.  Everywhere I turn something else is sprouting flowers.






These flowers came from our yard.  They had big thorns that I trimmed away.

This is my spring break from school.  We had a rash of big projects due in the last two weeks and now with the stillness of completion I'm not quite sure what to do.  I have a list, but the faint feeling that there is something I am supposed to be doing gnaws.  There are about ten items of my Spring Break to do list.  So far I have removed one, checked off four and have two in progress.  That's not too bad considering tomorrow is the first official day of break.

Comments

  1. So many blossoms! Beautiful! I'm beginning that Spring may never arrive here... we still have patches of snow everywhere :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment