behold the magic of the internet

Just last week, through the magic of the internet, I met dear little Eurydice May.
She was just shy of two weeks old and as cute as can be.
Rachel sends photos from the West Coast regularly but this was our first interactive visit.

 I love hanging out with my bestie and her little bundle of joy.

 Atticus missed me and was pretty thrilled to see my face.

 Reuben was slightly more concerned with small human.  He knows she'll be his best friend some day - or at least meal ticket if he hangs around her high-chair.

 Mom and I got to "watch" her for a minute --- I could watch her all day.

Mom "holding" the obliging little beauty.  That face she is making --- I've seen it before right before Rachel laughs or is exasperated (possibly a combination of the two).

My dear Rachel.  
You had a birthday yesterday - "24".  What a crazy year it has been for you!  But as usual, you have handled it with strength, grace and courage.  Seeing you as a mother made me love you even more (I didn't know that was possible) and I can't wait to watch Eury grow up with you and Joshua as her guides.  She is one lucky little lady.  
I love you lady.  

Comments