sub no more

I spent my last week as a substitute teacher instructing in one middle school classroom.  I learned that sixth graders have A LOT of energy.  Trying to figure our how to harness that for productive means was a challenge.  We completed the term with them giving speeches.  Seeing their final product was so cool.  

Melt my heart.  Student artwork is totally my favorite (which is probably a good thing).

 Friday what I have been wishing and hoping for finally happened!  SNOW!  And a two-hour delay!  There is nothing like waking up to a school delay.

As I got out of the car in the parking lot that morning I thought a candy cane sounds amazing!  What do you know a student brought me one about ten minutes later.  The best.  

Two Mondays from tomorrow I will start my new full-time position at the middle school.  I will miss getting spend time in all the different grade levels but am very excited to be working with so many amazing folks and surrounded by so many awesome students.  But, before that day comes I will be enjoying my two weeks of winter break.  

***We found out Thursday that the spring musical will be Guys and Dolls.  Bring on the roaring twenties!

Comments