daylight

This morning I woke up at 5am.
I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep.
This is a very rare occurrence in my life.  I often wake up at least once in the night and usually plop right back to sleep.  But not this morning.  I played a few winning games of solitaire on the phone and decided it was morning.
By seven am I hadn't been called to teach so I realized that I actually had a day off.  I haven't had a free day time in quite some time.  What a novel concept.  Realizing that I may not get another one of these anytime soon I concluded a trip to Target for storage containers was in order.  Somehow I managed to yank my Spring Breaking brothers out of bed before dawn and we made a morning of it.

 I took Lewis and Josiah to Panera for a bit of breakfast after our shopping and we delivered bagels to Mom, Dad, Jason and George who were at work.

 Lewis enjoyed a moment lementing about the Engineering program with George.  George has a degree in Electrical Engineering from Purdue.

Home from our outing, I spent the afternoon emptying drawers, cupboards, and wardrobes while filling clear plastic totes and bankers boxes.  Around 2pm it was mostly the worked through lunch hunger talking but I was recalling home much I hate moving.  It was also about this time that (after eating some lunch) I am giving myself permission to get rid of things.  The problem with working in an antique shop is the tendency to accumulate the unwanted rif-raf which I find beautiful.  But I have come to the conclusion that there is just simply too much and I do not feel like moving all of it seven hundred miles and up unknown flights of stairs.  It is time to consolidate.  That being said: if you feel as though you could use more miscellaneous textiles (with some evidence of a past life) in your day to day just let me know.  I would much rather my goods be passed along to someone who may find a use or appreciation for them than to whichever charity bin they are destined to be tossed in.  Leave me a comment if you have interest.

Work at the restaurant was slow and something also amazing happened.  I saw the sun set.  Thanks to daylight savings time and a lack of customers I actually got to see that giant glowing orb sink into dusk.  I am reminded of being on the high school swim team and how strange it was on the weekends when I saw daylight after a winter of twelve hour school days and going to school before the sun and leaving after it when down.

It was warm enough to drive with the windows down.  Unfortunately, I found nothing good enough on the radio to sing along to but I have hopes for Wednesday.  Driving down country roads on warm nights with the windows open, loudly singing along to the radio is one of my favorite things.

I am so grateful for today.  The rest of the week looks pretty booked between making a newspaper, musical rehearsals, set painting, feeding folks, and teaching - I'm a busy lady.  

Thanks for taking a moment of your day to peak into mine!

Comments

  1. Yay for packing! We've certainly done that enough times together :) I would love some of your miscellaneous textiles, you know, for my nonexistent sewing machine :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment