the owl & the old lady

As I was preparing to depart from work this afternoon, mom called.  She was very excited because the neighbors found a screech owl in their tree and she wanted me to see it.  I pulled into their drive one my way home.

 It took me a while to see it.

 But what a beauty it was.  He just stayed there and didn't moved even when Mr. Neighbor pulled the branch down so I could have a closer look.

Tuesday evenings are one of my favorites of the week.  The paper is done for the week and mom and I always watch TV together.  Tonight I did a little set dressing at the school before I headed home to enjoy some vegging out.  I like to knit or stitch while we watch television on the tiny 13" screen in the kitchen.

I felt like a total cat lady tonight.  Sweetie, the household's resident feline, was super comfy resting her head on my bosom.  You may be shocked to see this cat, most people that come over are, but on the fourteenth of this month this tough old cat will be fifteen.  She was born in this house and it is hard to believe that she has been around for that long.  The beast has got lots of moxy - Stella is scared of her.

Comments

  1. SWEETIE!! I love her like she was my own. And that owl is incredible, nestled in those golden leaves. I'm so jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you make me want to knit! please come give Lizard and I lessons! And that owl is amazing! But so is the snuggly kitty...no less amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment