late fall portraits

I spent the latter part of last week painting my room.

The green was beautiful and lovely but it was too dark.  It needed to change.

It was just one of those things, like my hair.  I loved my hair but I needed the change.

 I've gotten all of the furniture put back in place but still not some the things I had hanging on the walls.  I thought they should cure for a little longer.

In painting my room windswept white I realized that a majority of my furniture is green.  Bookshelf, small dresser, bedspread.

Dad has been working super had core on his Photography final.  Zac and I were posing for him for a few photos so I thought it a good time to take late fall portraits.  
(I can't wait to show you the photo dad took! It is super cool.)

Stella, she's so scandalous.

 I love this picture.  I think I'll have to frame it.


There you have it.  An update on my baldness and a cute picture of Stella! 

The brothers are all going to be home for Thanksgiving; I'm super excited.

Post-edit
Little things: In talking with my dear friend Christina I realized that I need to appreciate small moments more and to do so by noting them.  At the end of the day they are what matters.  On that note, I will point out three such occurrences.
1. Chatting for a moment with mom in dad's study.
2. Giggling with Jason during the entirety of Zachary's Football awards banquet.
3. Laughing heartily with Dad as we caught just a few moments of a PBS special honoring George Carlin.  George's impersonation of the Hippy-Dippy Weather man nearly made me spit out the sleepy-time tea we had just brewed.  Dad ate his raisin bran and I ate my rice chex, his with dairy milk, mine with coconut milk. 

Comments

  1. Your room looks so much more open. That will probably help with wintery depression, if you ever get down in January/February :) I love the portrait of you and your dad... and I can't believe how much your hair has already grown... let's get coffee soon please!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment