the green room

Last night, I was in my room, ready for bed.  But my brain was not ready for rest so I decided to exercise it on some fabric.  I began stitching a few sketches.  Then I thought "I should post some snapshots of my studio space."

 Walk in the door and this view will greet you, complete with big black dog.  The lamp is from my former professor Pam.  She was taking it to goodwill and I've had it ever since.  On the lamp is a little bronze elephant (trunk up) that my neighbor in Savannah gave me as a graduation gift.  Molly stitched the quilt sample - it inspires me daily.  To the left of the in-progress portrait of my mom is the ornament Kitty made me for Christmas one year (it was that winter we never made it Renegade).

 In the corner of my room is my work desk.  It is a high desk and I have a stool to sit at it but most of the time I just stand which suits me well.  Yes, my calendar still says September.  Folded up front and center is my field quilt and on top of that random garments that I need to mend or remake.  Under the red cover is my Bernina. 

 To the right of my desk is this bench full of projects and materials.  The green dresser your seeing in the corner was my great grandfathers.

 Window where I can keep an eye on the big house and who's here as well as all the beautiful trees.  

 My wall.  I found those watch faces at a shop when I visited Des in Chicago.  The dancer is from Back in the Day Bakery (I have three) and when I was a little girl they littered my birthday cake every year.

 A sketch for the fields I want to start stitching in soon.

 Last night's sketch in contemplation of the sky.

(what! you don't pin things into your wall) Another contemplation of the sky from last night.

Closet door on the left and living room doorway on the right.  Smack dab in the middle is my scarf rail.  I love scarves and I love having them all in view so that I can choose my day's wear.

There you have it.  A sneak peak into my creative/sleep space.  Lately I've been thinking about painting it a lighter color.  I LOVE my green walls but after a few years of living with them I realize it is entirely too dark.  As a person who is drastically effected by light and the changes in light having a dark room is only good for sleeping.  And aside from last night, I never have a problem doing that.

Comments

  1. I LOVE your creative/sleep space. It's truly magical and 100% Sharon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment