when the weather is fine

After the heat and events of the summer I had relinquished it and had begun the welcome and encourage fall.  Then I read Kitty's post last week and started to think about all the good things I hadn't done yet this summer and now I am so happy we still have a good month of it left.

 My Friday nights are booked.  It is nice to sit and enjoy the weather and beautiful sunsets while cheering on the team at Zachary's games.  No oppressive cold wind or rain.

 Mom just mentioned there is a whole new round of flowers getting ready to bloom.  I believe these are a geranium?  But I love seeing their pretty little faces on a warm summer day.

 Yesterday, I got to spend time wandering around the Wellfield Botanical Gardens with my new cousin-in-law, Whitney, and also with Kitty and Abby.  That was very nice.  Kitty, Abby and I also had a yummy lunch at the South Side Soda Shop and a fun time wandering around shops in Goshen.  It was lovely to hang out with my fellow creative types.  At Better World Books I realized I hadn't had enough summer reads yet.

 After being sick for few weeks and the busy events that followed, my garden is in shambles.  My tomatoes are all over the place, cucumbers are going to seed and watermelons are just barely holding on.  Now is the perfect time to plant a second crop of greens and some cool weather plants.  So I'd like to give my garden a few more digs before fall sets in.
 
 This is just the time during summer when all the plants start to get a little wile and untamed.  PERFECT!  They have become full and crowd the paths making it jungle-like to walk.  I'd like to soak that up a little more.

Tonight, there are only five of us for dinner.  Though to some that would seem like a good crowd, here at the Telschow house we've become used to eight plus this summer.  I realized that we hadn't eaten dinner outside nearly enough.  I'd like to dine al fresco a few more times and enjoy the nearly exotic plants that are enveloping our back porch.

A few others:
-bicycle ride (I don't think I've gotten even one good one in this summer!)
-night walks
-a dip in Lake Michigan
-more visits with good friends
-more garden picked vases of flowers

Comments

  1. HEY! It's Abby : ) I'm SO GLAD i got to see and hang out with you this weekend. You're kiiiind of the coolest person ever. i'm not sure if you text much but i'm down for exchanging numbers if you want!

    can't wait to barter some crafty goodness with you. awww yeeeeah.

    abbyandthejets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment