gussying up the barn

Last Saturday, Sam, Stella and I were went to the barn where the reception will be held this Saturday to help Rachel with a few odds and ends.  I wanted to share a little of it so you can be excited too.

 mmm. That is some delicious light.

 Stella love loved the barn.  When I saw her plop down on those big old planks (in classic Stella pancake style) I knew that dog needs a barn.

 Rach, Aunt Patti and Aunt Carol, Sam and I hung old curtains to partition off a corner of the barn that will be for portraits.

 Lace pennants are covering a cool criss-crossed beam.  This will be the photo back drop.

 There is the bride!  She's tying the curtains up to minimize the dust.

Afterward Sam wanted ice cream.  So we stopped by Cooks and had a treat.

 I think Stella wanted ice cream more than Sam so she had her own cone.  Ice cream is her favorite food.  When I worked at Leopold's she had the containers memorized and would nearly attack you if you had a single dish in your hand.

Cute.  One of the old men sitting inside came out to tell me that he was relieved to see that I didn't start sharing the cone with Stella.  They must have had some sort of bet going on inside.  I assured him that that cone was ALL Stella's and I would not be sharing.  I was quite contented with my Iced Sweet Tea.

As the big day draws near two things may happen: I could be MIA for the week or there could be many more weddin' posts.  Who knows.

Comments

Post a Comment