1/4 century

On Wednesday I turned 25.  


Tuesday afternoon Carol and I shared a cake for a store celebration.  I made the cake and icing following Betty Crocker's recipe but substituted coconut milk and topped it with fresh peaches. Can you believe she turned 84!

My birthday day started with a silly sleepy phone call from Rachel to wish me a happy one. We were both tired and as silly as can be on the phone with one another at midnight.  Then Sam wished me a happy one.  

In the morning Zachary came into my room to give me a hug and wish me happy birthday, at which point I had completely forgotten it was my birthday and was quite confused.

I went to work that morning to get the week's issue shipped out to all our subscribers.  I was certainly surprised when in walked Rachel with 25 pale pink and ivory roses.  Pale pink are my favorite.  It was so sweet and completely unexpected.  The girl getting hitched in three days woke up early to bring me flowers.  I love her.

After getting all the Wednesday activities done at work, I called it a week.  With all the preparations for Rachel and Josh's wedding I, thankfully, was able to take the next few days off.

 Dad picked up Thai and we all met up in Ox Bow Park for a picnic birthday lunch.  

 It was super delicious and beautiful!  The perfect afternoon.

 It was a big and great group with Mom, Dad, Jason, Samuel, Josiah, cousin George, cousin Joanna, Rachel, Sabrina, and Josh's sisters Whitney and Josi.

Joanna gave me that really pretty silk tunic I'm wearing.
After lunch we ladies ran a few wedding errands and while we were at Sam's Club I decided I wanted an iphone for my birthday.  I don't know what would have happened if I hadn't gotten one.

Later that night there was a bridal shower for Rachel up in Michigan (where Josh lives) and I got SUPER lost on the way up.  Fortunately, I had the phone to map me a new route and eventually got to were I needed to go.
The sweetness of my cousin continues.  After she opened all of her presents the girl brings me out a giant plate of (vegan) birthday cupcakes!  It was awesome. 

 They were the same cupcakes they would have (along with traditional dairy ones) at the wedding.  I pretty sure over the course of this weekend I must have downed around a dozen of these babies.  I don't often get traditional dairy-free sweets.

  So super cute and so super sweet!

It was a fabulous day!

Comments

  1. That looks like a great day! Rachel is too sweet . . . almost as sweet as you. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much and got an iPhone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What an awesome birthday! Those cupcakes look painfully delish. So does your cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic pictures Sharon! I have just now seen these.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment