what a month

June sure has been a busy month...and it's not even half way lived!  The first part of the month was devoted to getting Lewis graduated from high school.

High the preparations agenda was installing our long-awaited walk way from the back door of the big house to the back door of the carriage house.  

 Zachary, Lewis and Samuel removing sod.
 
 Bricks down.  We assembly lined them to Jason who laid them all.

 Mom adds in a flower bed with annuals.  I like the finish of the waffle brick.

 We had senior awards night to go to.  Lewis was given a Math department award.  This is a precedence in our family.  Jason had the Industrial Arts award, Sam and I had art awards but MATH...very unusual.  Yay Lew!

Then the big day came:

Processional - never gets old.

 The last shared performance of Lewis and Zachary.

 He was pretty excited.

 Recessional.

 For real diploma.

 Family shot...I think we are getting good at these.

I also got to follow Lew around with my camera that night and take snapshots of him with friends and classmates.  It is kind of surreal that he is graduated.  In my head he still that little smiley blonde kid.

The next day we had a house and yard full of family and friends.  There was a large amount of people in our not so large kitchen and living rooms.  It was so nice to see everyone.  I only managed to snap a few photos but I think they take the cake.

 My cousins' daughter, Araelynn, with a giant bunch of peonies.

 She really like Stella and had to share the flowers with my not so impressed dog.  Stella was well behaved and though she found the children's height perfect for snitching food she was less than thrilled about being pursued.

 

Comments

  1. Your mom is so beautiful. I love that family photo of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stella looks like a giant next to Araelynn! I love that walkway and I love your house in the summer. I'm so sad I didn't get to come by last weekend, but I'm hoping for a solo trip in August for Danae's wedding and the first annual Burnsapalooza . . .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment