caribou...it's what's for dinner!

Last week Amy brought home a treat for me from the country foods store.

 Frozen caribou ribs.

 Vacuum sealed.

Tonight I asked Marcus to grill them up for me while he had the grill fired up for the burgers...that's right, grilling season has official opened in the arctic.

 Marcus and Amy told me to disregard the bits of fur...you'll have that.
 
  As someone who is not really that fond meat I'd have to say I prefer the seal to caribou.  Caribou, at least the ribs, was really stringy.  Not really a texture I'm into with meat.

Marcus said he prefers it frozen.

I'm very happy for the experience of trying caribou but I think I'll go for the bratwurst at the fourth of July picnic.

Tomorrow I fly to Ottawa...only one more sleep (as Lily would say) in Iqaluit.  It really has been a blast to be up here.  

And the icing on the cake was my dog sled ride last night.  I'll share that with you later, right now I've gotta go see if I can find some Northern Lights.  Amazingly enough I haven't seen them the entire month I've been here.  That will be my silver sprinkles!

Comments

  1. That caribou doesn't look too appetizing but the plate it's on is super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment