how it went:

Monday was my interview.  As I lay in bed Sunday evening I said a prayer: if this was what I was supposed to do I would know it and if it wasn't that I would know and accept that.

The freezing cold morning came.  I trudged across campus.

I met with the professor.  I saw the beautiful facilities.  And it was somewhere towards the end were my answer came and my tremendously high hopes of working towards my Masters in Printmaking melted away.  It was the harsh dose of reality that I really needed.  One: I have next to nothing in the way of experience as a print-maker.  Two: I love fibers and if I wanted to be a print-maker I should love printmaking the way I love fibers and I don't.  Yes, there was a tinge of pain when this collapse came rushing into center stage of my mind. 

But as I walked away from the meeting every step solidified this realization.  I realized that I was not devastated or crushed but so happy and excited.  

Plan B is formulating and life is good.  

Comments

  1. I would say 'sorry to hear that' but I am more happy about your realization. If only all of life's big decisions held such a clear cut definition of emotion afterward. I am not worried about you Ms. Telschow. Fibers IS pretty awesome, and Life IS good. Together they have tons of great choices ahead for you. Can't wait to see what you make of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you didn't ignore your intuition and push on with the program anyway. That would have been miserable. Can't wait to find out what you'll be planning next!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment