THE WONDERS OF A COOL PLACE TO REST.



Josiah had been here with me for a few days now. It has been fun to have him to hang out with and show around the town. We went to the Bull Street Library the other night to pick up some reading material.



My French class is proving challenging. It is a five week class condensed down from the normal 10 week version so there is much to learn in a shorter amount of time. Every morning there is Mdm. Barbier to wake me with a Bonjour! It is very nice to get back into the language. I do miss some of the greetings such as Bonjour and Bonsior. They are much better then "Hi, how are you" which I personally feel leaves a lot to be desired. Our first project was to create a pamphlet about a French speaking country. This is when I discovered St Pierre et Miquelon. SPM is just off the coast of Newfoundland and is a part of France. I did not know this. It was quite fun to learn about the quaint fishing island with as many people living on its eight islands as the population of Nappanee. I would like to visit there. In the summer though when it is cool instead of its normal very cold.



Last Wednesday evening Rachel and I went to Salvation Army in Goshen and I made the most wonderful discovery. I found this beautiful manual typewriter and bought it for a mere six dollars. That is quite a steal - to purchase a functional typewriter can mostly likely be ten times that. Today I pulled it out of it's case (it has the original case) and decided to test it out. It works perfectly. I also discovered that it has a duo ribbon with red option as well. How nice. Now I will just need to find a use or loving home for this beauty as I already am the proud owner of a wonderful manual typewriter which is better suited for my fingers. This one's are a bit too small. In the mean time I will enjoy playing with both.

Comments